Sophomore Creates Art and Design Business

Back to Article
Back to Article

Carson Bonner

Entrepreneurship is greatly appreciated in our country, and in the business world starting early can be advantageous. Sophomore Shriya Alli has begun her own art and design business: Picture Perfect Palettes. 

For a business that was established less than a month ago, Picture Perfect Palettes has experienced great success. The young entrepreneur creates iron-on patches, pins, and bookmarks, and sells them at a low and affordable price that has her customers raving.

“All of her stuff is so cute,” Sophomore Abigail McDonald said. “The prices are also great because I can buy a lot more than if they were higher.” 

A talented artist, Shriya has won gold twice in the rodeo art competition, Best of Show seven times, and her art was chosen for the Rodeo auction last year. She has been involved in art since elementary school and she now wants to use her artistic abilities to benefit others. 

“I really enjoy art but it’s always been just something for me,” Shriya said. “I like that now I’m doing it for other people and it makes them happy.” 

A lot of time and effort goes into this business as well. All of Shriya’s wares are handmade, so it is extremely time consuming for her to craft them. 

“I usually make the patches in batches, so it can take a few hours to make ten,” Shriya said. “The pins can take a while, too, but the bookmarks are pretty quick.” 

Between the patches, pins, and bookmarks, anyone can find something to like, from trendy dressers seeking to elevate an outfit to readers whose dog-eared pages dominate their books. 

“As someone who reads a lot, I really love her bookmarks,” Junior Madison Reyes said. “It’s difficult to find a bookmark that lasts a long time. Shriya’s have beautiful designs and they seem durable enough to last a while.” 

Friendswood High School’s Shriya Alli is headed toward success with her new business and I think we can expect to see a lot in her future business endeavors.